Health Visiting Services
The practice area is broadly split in two, with the Teign valley being covered by the Bovey Tracey team and Villages along the A30 linking to the Crediton service.
Contacts can be made via the local hubs
- Exeter - 03332341902 rde-tr.ExeterPHNHub@nhs.net
- Teignbridge = 03332341901 rde-tr.SouthernPHNhub@nhs.net
Patients can contact the hub for on the day advice. If further input is required they may be offered an appointment at the Hub or home visit arranged if needed.
Health visitors continue to run clinics based at Christow.
A new framework is being developed to support families.
Tier 1 - Core 5 mandated core contact points in the 0-5 year olds
- Antenatal contact
- New birth contact
- Infant feeding support
- 4-8 week maternal mental health review
- Developmental review 1 and 2.3 year
Tier2 - Universal Plus - targeted intervention (ie perinatal mental health)
- Mental health review
- Sleep clinic
- Parenting support ( Solihull framework)
- Specialist feeding clinic
- Care of the next infant ( for those with previous cot deaths)
- Health visitor in Partnership - Intense follow-up with at risk families
Tier3 - Universal Partnership Plus - Multi agency response to complex issues
- Early help - Multiagency input for at risk
- Children in care
- Send - Pathways for children with Special educational needs