Blood Tests, Healthchecks and other investigations
We are able to offer a number of services:
- Routine and investigative blood tests, (with the healthcare assistant)
- ECG (with the healthcare assistant)
- Spirometry and routine lung function assessment. (with the practice nurse)
- Cardiac event monitoring (with healthcare assistant)
- Smoking cessation (with practice nurse)
- Arterial Doppler assessment (with practice nurse)
We also would like to invite anyone between the age of 40-75 to book for a general healthcheck. This would involve routine investigation and general examination. Part of this would be general healthy living advice. Please ask the reception for an appointment.
Appointments can be made at Cheriton Bishop with our Health Care Assistant on Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 12.00.
Appointments at our Branch Surgery Christow can be made with our Health Care Assistant Mondays and Tuesdays between 8.30 and 11.30.
Please see our timetables for practice nurse and healthcare assistant clinic times.
Most blood tests need to be done in the morning so as to get to the lab the same day.
Results would be back in the main after 48 hours, some tests may take longer.
Please call the surgery in the afternoon for your results after 48 hours.