Primary Care Network
Over recent years local GP surgeries have been working collaboratively as part of a Primary care network. We are linked to the North Dartmoor group. Part of the initiative is to support additional roles within the primary care team. We wanted to make you aware of what additional services you can now access.
1. Pharmacist - Ann Smith is with us every Thursday and available for appointments to review medication and deal with queries. She will be supporting us with reviews and quality improvement work. (Direct Access)
2. Paramedic - We will have Sam working with us on Wednesday and Fridays. He will be supporting the on the day clinic, housebound visits and annual reviews.
3. First contact physio (David and Adam) We have Monday and Tuesday in house physios based in Cheriton Bishop. You are now able to get rapid assessment of musculoskeletal issues and onward investigations. (Direct Access)
4. Well-being co-ordinator (Becky) - providing support and signposting for those needing additional support, Loneliness, dealing with chronic illness and well-being. (Direct access)
5. Child and Adolescent Mental Health - Clare provides face to face support for young people. This would be after a referral from the GP.
Any feedback around these services are gratefully received.